HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters) is offered to families new to Canada who are experiencing social isolation.The PIA is the only organization to offer this program in French in Alberta
This program allows you to:
- Strengthen the parent-child relationship and language skills;
- Better understand the expectations related to the Alberta school system;
- Empowering mothers to actively prepare their child/children for success in school and in life.
Participating families also benefit from support in their settlement and integration process.
- Home visitors identify vulnerable families with preschool children to promote the program.
- Interested parents agree to participate in the program for 30 weeks.
- During home visits, they show parents teaching techniques through role-playing.
- The visitors teach parents practical and structured lessons that allow participants to gain confidence in their own ability to help prepare their children to enter school.
- By the end of the program, children are well equipped to succeed in school.